27 Sep Next Gen Datacentre Pre-Sales Architect – VMware Portfolio
UP to £120K – remote
Our client is a Tier 1 IT Services Provider, operating in the enterprise sector both nationally and internationally.
They are looking for a Next Generation Datacentre Pre-Sales Architect, who will shape customer pre-sales opportunities and articulate business and technical strategy to customers and internal clients. As a customer facing role, you’ll need proven skills in a customer facing position, and will be leading the pre-sales engagement, shaping the overall proposition and assuring complex solutions to Corporate or Public Sector organisations.
- Primarily responsible for influencing and shaping Next Generation Datacentre solutions during pre-sales engagements
- Maintaining an in-depth delivery understanding of private and public cloud architectures, with specific focus on solutions based around the VMware portfolio
- Driving the adoption of design principles and best practices/standards for the implementation of advanced VMware and Next Generation Datacentre solutions
- Leading teams of VMware and Next Generation Datacentre professionals on larger and strategically significant solution opportunities
- Working closely with customers to ensure you understand their Next Generation Datacentre requirements and position solutions best suited to deliver these requirements including portability, containerisation, automation, migration, SDDC and hyper-scaler adoption
- Assisting the NGDC Practice and Solution lead in the development and creation of blueprints, customer whitepapers and case studies
- Responsibility for the adopting the technical direction as set by the Chief Technologist, Solution and Practice Lead
- Responsibility for the quality of all technical deliverables produced for the VMware technology area
- Leading customer discussions and workshops around technical adoption, customer strategy and ‘blue sky thinking’
- Providing technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Keeping up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies providing insight and opinions both internally and externally
- Working with the NGDC Practice Lead and Solution Lead in managing and building important relationships directly with key partners and vendors, such as VMWare.
- Working closely on a day to day basis with the NGDC Solution Lead to drive customer conversations, lead service development and carry out research and development.
- Maintaining an active and engaged technical community across the whole Practice in support of relevant area of expertise.
The ideal candidate:
- You have a background in providing Next Generation Datacentre technology expertise, proposing infrastructure solutions that meet Customers’ business requirements and driving innovation within their overall IT strategy.
- You will be VMware Certified as a minimum to VCP with Server Virtualisation and SDDC competencies as a minimum and ideally Network Virtualisation competencies; VCP7-CMA / VCP6-DC Certification is preferable
- You will have a strong understanding of core VMware infrastructure including vSphere, vRealize Suite (including vRA and vRealize Orchestrator), SRM, VSAN, NSX and Virtual Hardware
- You will have a strong understanding of datacentre technologies.
- Your solutions will always consider security as a core principle
- You will be a senior and integral member of the Cloud and Datacentre team, within the UK Professional Services function, in the creation of pre-sales engagement documentation for internal and external consumption, shaping the client vision / requirements and outcomes into a winning solution through the complete pre-sale’s lifecycle.
- You will develop and maintain an active and engaged technical community across the whole Practice in support of your relevant area of expertise.
- You will be an integral part of an opportunity team, supporting the business in either project or consultancy lead engagements.
- You will work with customer stakeholders, IT Managers, Directors, and IT professionals during the whole pre-sales cycle, in addition to consulting with clients during their decision making process to articulate technical strategy and business impact for the company and customer.
- You will have clear areas of responsibility and will be given appropriate autonomy to lead customer pre-sales opportunities.
If this opportunity is of interest please APPLY within.