27 Sep Azure Consultant
UP to £100K
Our client is a Tier 1 IT Services Provider with a thriving Cloud division. They are looking for a Microsoft Azure Consultant to join their high performing team.
The Azure Consultant will be responsible for providing Azure delivery expertise to deliver infrastructure that meets Customers business requirements within their overall IT strategy.
You’ll be part of a Practice, within the UK Professional Services function, supporting the business in either project or consultancy lead engagements specific to the Azure Cloud Platform
As a predominately client facing role you will have proven skills in working with customers to design and implement modern, scalable Azure based solutions & services, an understanding of Cloud Adoption Framework, Azure Devops and Enterprise Scale Landing Zone.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as an Azure evangelist, consult and provide technical guidance on Azure design, governance, performance, scalability, security, operations and cost control best practices
- Assess the customer cloud maturity, review existing Azure cloud implementations, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Design Azure architecture to enable cloud migration programs, analyse existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets’ migration, transformation and automation approach, craft implementation roadmaps.
- Day-to-day lead the customer through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud and DevOps transformation.
- Hands-on experience with various enterprise applications and IT services, as well as application transformation, compliance and security, and IT operations disciplines.
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced by the team.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings.
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team defining, designing and implementing solutions for our customers
- Identify other service and sales opportunities.
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies.
- Attend customer meetings to present solutions from a technical and implementation approach
- Highlight any technical risks that may impact the success of the solution for our client
- Quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a multi-technology solution
- Are Azure certified in one or more areas preferably Architect Administrator Associate and/or Certified Azure Solution Architect, and Certified DevOps Engineer Expert
- Be a subject matter expert in Azure DevOps and associated tools such as HashiCorp Terraform, ARM, Ansible, Python and BASH.
- Have an understanding of concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, experience with GIT, CI/CD integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
- Have familiarity or experience migrating applications into Azure and the design and considerations required (cluster sizing, auto scaling etc)
- Understand of Azure best practices around networking, security, state management and storage
- Have worked with one or more customers in the delivery of Azure services and have either led, mentored or managed other engineers / consultants in project delivery.
- Have familiarity of deploying AKS though DevOps tooling such as Terraform.
- Have experience delivering Azure services in an agile approach using sprints, backlog items, stand ups etc. and have experience with tools such as Jira, Azure DevOps etc.
- Interacts with and influences colleagues and has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners
- Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution
- Has an appreciation of the wider business context
- Takes action to develop own knowledge and represents this in their work
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications
If this opportunity is of interest please APPLY within.